8.25.2009

The Los Angeles craigslist is dillusional

I am searching for seating in my final stages of designing the new Topanga cabin with old time rustic Moondoggie/Gidget beach shack themes in mind, and second hand classified shopping has never been so financially offensive. and if I read the words "shabby chic!" one more time in a description I could convulse.


Vintage Chromcraft Sofa - $550 | five hundred and fifty dollars
 


Vintage Rattan Tiki Sofa - $175 | could be reasonable. I do want it very much. the pillows won't be necessary please.




Set of 5 flower design plasic cups (1950s) - $65 | plastic. cups.




really really cool psychedely teley - $85 | absurdity!


Vintage Driftwood Coffee Table - $400 | This table is very perfect for my vision why does it cost so much. I will replicate it with ancient roots and branches I find in my neighborhood. with perhaps an old wooden door instead of glass for the surface, white.




I would not mind this sofa, I like how it is separated and a reasonable $65, but it is in Las Vegas. and I am kind of trying to overcome my embroidered uber vintage Omaha regency taste.




I must stick to scouring every Goodwill in west LA, Malibu, & the valley.. today I got an entire vintage pretty yellow wicker back dining set with 6 chairs and matching table for $30. and a huge old-fashioned stereo record player/radio receiver chest for $22.50. and by I, I mean Andrew's citicard. How I love my magic man!

1 comment: